Saturday, October 25, 2008

Can I Really Have An 8 Year Old???

Tomorrow (Sunday) Lynnea, will turn 8 years old. The reality really set in this morning for me. Can this really be true? Last night, we hosted our very first sleepover with 3 girls. We started out the evening going to the premier of "High School Musical 3". This was a huge event for many reasons. 1)This was Lynnea's first visit to a big theatre (outside of the Tipton Diana Theatre). 2)I had banned most of the older kid Disney shows to my children for the past couple of months. Although most are very cute, they are just too big for my kids. Lynnea was thrilled to get to see her "friends" from Disney again. We had a great time.
We went home to begin the slumber which of course took some time. The girls woke up to French Toast. Then they got ready for the big event, A DRESS UP TEA PARTY!



Again lots of fun. It was funny to watch Benjamin and Joseph try to get involved. They put on collared shirts (of course Joseph added the Superman cape). But...they all drank from tea cups and ate their crumpets (vanilla wafers) very politely.

Benjamin did a good job being a good sport, but it could only last so long...
Sunday, we will have our family birthday with Lynnea. Papa Joe, Mama T and Grandma Legg with come over for apple pie (Lynnea's choice)! A very full birthday week!

3 comments:

Artful Dodger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Detroit said...

This is so much fun! Wow, eight years old?! Happy Birthday Lynnea!

jillybean said...

Oh my word, that picture of Benjamin with the teacup--only to be replaced by the gun. So great! That sounds like the perfect combination of activities. I wish I could have come! I have a few dresses in my closet that haven't been used in a while. :)