Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mums and Other Things...


As you know, we finished remodeling our home last December. It was nominated to win "Tipton Beautification Project". We lost our nomination when the tree fell on our house. Well, the repairs are finished. We have won for the month of September. Our picture and home were put in the paper, we are on the local TV station and we were given a sign to put in our front yard and a framed picture of our house for inside.

With a questionable future regarding our finances, Jason's job and the economy, Jason and I have had to be very conservative in our spending. Many times, I have passed this garden store (pictured above) and wished I could purchase some of their beautiful mums. Realizing that this is not a need at this time, I have prayed several times that God would provide mums. Silly, kind of, but I know that God cares about those little things. Before leaving the presentation, Tim Horton (owner of the garden store) handed us a $25 gift certificate to his store and told us to take home six mums of our choice! I am reminded of how much God cares about the simple. Thank you Lord for taking such good care of us...and for mums.

4 comments:

jillybean said...

That is huge! I love it when God blesses us with the "little" things and we have trusted and waited for it!

Stephanie said...

Jen, that is so cool! I love how God works.

....t said...

Jen and loved ones. God is good. He cares about EVERY part of our lives, and comes through in such sweet "simple" ways. Keep those pics coming....t

Gretchen said...

That's amazing. I think it's right of you to tell us all about that! What a good God!