Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Upside Down & Inside Out

During our winter months, Jason changed roles in his company from supervisor to sales. If you watched our family during this time, you knew it was very difficult. It required him to work weekends and some evenings. We recognized that during this economy, we were very thankful for a job and continued to trust the Lord for grace for each new day. Some days were harder than others. Now, I know there are many others that have this schedule and do great. However, with 6 children, our family struggled to spend time together.
.
We prayed for a change in career paths, but never sensed the Lord's direction to change at the time. On April 1st (no joke), we were on the floor praying that God would give us a sign. We wanted it clear that Jason should stay where he was at or move us elsewhere. The next morning, his boss told him that his job no longer existed. It was a strange excitement to know that the Lord has answered our prayers, yet somewhat scary to know what this new adventure looked like.
.
After two weeks, we don't have a definite career plan in front of us. However, I am testifying to God's great faithfulness. He is providing our daily needs, giving us hope in new job prospects and allowing our family to serve Him in new ways. I am overwhelmed in my spirit right now to think of all the ways we are seeing answered prayer. I KNOW that we are in God's care and I love being right where we are. I am so thankful that God has chosen us to be in relationship with Him. I don't know how I would do life without Him...I guess I just wouldn't truly live life. Thank you Father!

2 comments:

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Will be praying for clear direction !!
also to have patience as His timing is everything :)

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for God to give you guys clear vision of what He has in store for you guys!

Jennifer Johnson