Friday, June 20, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

There is nothing like watching our kids experience something for the first time. We entered into Victory Field, took our seats and watched the kids begin scoping out the sights. Benjamin's eyes were glued to the the field, wanting to know what everything was, where the bases were, who was the pitcher, how to read the score board, and if running from 2nd to 3rd base was longer than his pee wee field.
Jason's company took us to see the Indians play in Indianapolis. The kids were able to get a hot dog, soda, hat and small baseball bat. They loved every bit of being there. Also, we were very entertaining to the crowd around us who couldn't believe there were 6 kids and especially FIVE BOYS!
I am amazed at God's provision and blessing allowing us to enjoy sharing an activity as a family. We, as a family, have been cutting corners as the rest of our country. I really wanted some day activities to share with the kids, but decided it was best to stay close to home and enjoy some of the free acitivities of library, little pool, and friends. I am so thankful that God gave us this "free" activity for our family. Isn't is amazing to watch God give us special treats that we don't even know are coming?
Isaac's attempt to squirm from anyone who holds him. Samuel watches the pitch! Jeff Langston, Jason's boss shares his hat with Isaac. Entry to the Victory Field. What six children look like at 10 o'clock at night after a baseball game!

6 comments:

jillybean said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Everybody looks so tan - soaking up the summer sun! :)

....t said...

Jen, your kids a just too cute!!!! Isn't it neat when God sends a "special" gift when you are not even looking for one. It is always exciting to me when i hear about God's provision for His children!! God Bless you all....t

shelli said...

sounds like you guys had a much needed fun family outing! we were just at the indian's game on Sunday with our fam too!

Pastor Curt said...

What a wonderful family. Alot of little arrows to send out for the Lord! I'm putting you on my favorite file because I love to look at pictures of the family. God bless you both as you raise this beautiful family. Shawn

jillybean said...

Hey Jen, Waiting for a new post! :)

Just wanted you to know that I found another interesting blog tonight
babywisemom.blogspot.com

kinda fun to read. I know you're an old pro, but I thought maybe I won't have to bug you anymore with all my questions, i can just go to this blog. :)

Detroit said...

I am loving catching up like this. I want to see you guys so bad!!! Your kiddos just keep getting cuter and cuter. Love and miss you tons! Tiffany